We work in line with ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2018’, ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018′ and ‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education (2012)’.
We strongly believe that all children and young people have the right to feel safe and to be protected from physical, sexual or emotional abuse and neglect.
We have a child centred approach and follow what children think. This is taken from the ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018’ document: –
Children have said that they need:-
- Vigilance: to have adults notice when things are troubling them.
- Understanding and Action: to understand what is happening; to be heard and understood; and to have that understanding acted upon.
- Stability: to be able to develop an ongoing stable relationship of trust with those helping them.
- Respect: to be treated with the expectation that they are competent rather than not.
- Information and Engagement: to be informed about and involved in procedures, decisions, procedures, concerns and plans
- Explanation: to be informed of the outcome of assessments and decisions and reasons when their views have not met with a positive response
- Support: to be provided with support in their own right as well as a member of their family
- Advocacy: to be provided with advocacy to assist them in putting forward their views
- Protection: to be protected against all forms of abuse and discrimination and the right to special protection and help if a refugee
The Child Protection Officer at Estcots is Rachel Brock. Please contact her on 01342 327473 ext 208. In her absence please contact Mrs Jackie Jones on ext 214 or Lucy Howard on ext 210.
If both Rachel Brock, Jackie Jones and Lucy Howard are unavailable please contact Helen Farren 01342 327473 ext 209 who will contact them and put one of them in touch with you.
WEST SUSSEX CHILDREN’S SERVICES
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Tel: 01403 229900
(Out of Hours – 0330 222 6664)
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
Lindsey Tunbridge-Adams Tel: 0330 222 3339
Community Safety Lead Officer
Tel: 0330 222 3339